Black mold is a problem that is very common in many homes today, and looking at black mold pictures is one of the ways in which you can learn to identify the signs of this problem. It is very important that you learn how to identify the signs of black mold, so that the problem does not become hazardous to the health of you and your family. Black mold can be rather dangerous, and may result in you or members of your family developing allergies or other serious health conditions. Once you can identify the problem through black mold pictures and understand the signs of a black mold concern, you will be able to know exactly what to look for.
As it relates to black mold detection, look at mold pictures for some signs that will make the process a lot easier for you. Some of these are listed below:
- High Humidity – Black mold is very common in places that have high humidity. If the RH (Relative Humidity) level inside your home is more than 55%, you should be on the lookout for black mold. As such, it is vital that you carefully monitor the RH level in various areas of your home. This is done best with a humidity sensor.
- Pipe Leaks – In order for black mold to grow, it needs moisture. Several black mold problems actually start with some form of water problem, particularly those that are not fixed quickly. Additionally, pipe leaks can cause black mold to go undetected in your home for months or even years, especially if it is a minor leak.
- Moldy Odors – There are some cases where a moldy odor is the only and first sign of a black mold problem. However, a moldy odor does not particularly mean that you have a black mold problem; therefore, you need to check for other black mold symptoms by looking at black mold images.
- Rusting or Condensation – Condensation or rusting on walls, windows or around pipes is a sign that there is high humidity or a leak, which means that you could have a black mold problem.
- Wall or Ceiling Discoloration – If you notice that your ceilings or walls have yellowish stains on them, it is a sign that they are exposed to a lot of moisture. However, if the mold has already developed, you will notice blackish, brownish or greenish stains on your ceilings or walls. Look at some pictures to compare each one.
- Black Stains on Bathroom Tiles – This is one of the most common signs of a black mold problem. The bathroom is the ideal place for black mold development, due to the fact that it is exposed to a lot of moisture. Tile grout is very permeable; as such, it allows water to seep through and become trapped, which creates the perfect environment for the growth of black mold. You can view some black mold pictures to clearly illustrate this occurrence.
Now that you have become familiar with some of the signs of a mold problem and have seen the black mold pictures, it is now time for you to learn the all important steps of black mold removal. There are some persons who prefer to hire professionals to remove black mold; however, the removal process is not as complicated as you may think, and you can do it on your own once you have the necessary tools. The tools that you will need for this job include:
- A respiratory mask
- Eye protection
- A cleaning agent (there are a number of black mold removal products available today)
- A sponge (preferably one that is heavy duty)
Once you have all the necessary tools, you can go ahead and start your black mold clean up. Be sure to look at some black mold pictures and carefully follow the instructions for applying the removal product to the black mold, and once it has dried you can start removing the mold. It is highly recommended that you try to keep the mold that you have removed in plastic bags, so that it will not spread to others parts of your home. Failure to contain the black mold that you have removed will most likely worsen your black mold problems.
The only challenging aspect of removing black mold is ensuring that the problem does not return. As such, it is important that you identify the main area where the black mold is growing, and fix the moisture problem. Whether it is your leaky pipes, poor ventilation, or landscaping problems, if the cause of the moisture is not attended to, you will never completely get rid of your black mold problem.
If you or your family members have been exposed to black mold for an extended period of time, it will eventually result in the development of various black mold health problems. Symptoms that you will initially experience after being exposed to black mold are: rashes, breathing difficulties, irritated cough and nose irritation. On the other hand, if you are constantly being exposed to black mold, you are at risk of developing the following health problems:
- Mood swings and irritability
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) and stomach problems
- Inability to concentrate and memory problems
- Reproductive system problems
- Irregular blood pressure levels
Black mold is a very serious problem that if not cleaned and removed right away, can be detrimental to your health. Black mold pictures are the perfect way for you to learn about the signs of, and how to remove a mold problem. Looking into several mold pictures will give you a clearer picture of how to get rid of it faster.
Maybe this video will help: